Friday, January 22, 2010

ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL

Posted by Leona Bergstrom

I hate shopping. Some evil empire has radically changed how designers make clothes. Nothing fits like it used to.

I did finally find the perfect jeans, which even though they were way too expensive, I bought a pair. They are called “Not Your Daughter’s Jeans.” At first I thought that was kind of cute. But, of course the salesclerk had to point out that they stretch and have wider waistbands and fuller hips than the other ones. Thanks.

On I go to the lingerie department to look for items in my support group. I buy something. Nothing fancy, just an interesting beige color that was on sale. What does the sales clerk say to me, but, “Well, this is not just your mother’s underwear!”

Not my daughter’s jeans; not my mother’s underwear.  I walk away from the store wondering why something isn’t just right for me?
Or maybe it is!

No comments: