Monday, November 24, 2008

Grandparent resource!

Posted by Terry McNichols

Attention grandparents! If you check out Grandparenting.com, you can find a very useful, down-loadable guide called 100 Free Things to Do With Your Grandkids. It is a great resource. I think I will try out #82, Make a Leaf Rubbing, since I have easy access to an entire yard full of leaves. My granddaughter from Texas visited recently and excitedly noticed that the trees were RED and YELLOW and ORANGE! We collected a few pretty leaves for her, but ran out of time to do something creative with them.

The site also has a place where you can select the name of your city and sort by category and age of child to find the best places to go. This would be useful when visiting a large city, even if you don't live in one. I'm excited to try out some of the places listed for Seattle.

(Photo by jimmiehomeschoolmom, shared via Flickr)

No comments: