Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oops, too late!

Posted by Leona Bergstrom

I was trying to convince my husband that exercising at our local gym would increase the likelihood of him living longer. With prophetic insight mixed and a certain degree of nagging I stressed, “You don’t want to die young, do you?” To which he replied, “I’m too old to die young.”

Whoa. I wonder when we crossed that line where it’s assumed that we’ve spent our youth. At what point does someone go from saying, “Oh, but he was so young,” to “Well, he lived a long, good life?”

As Billy Joel sang, “only the good die young.” At least we don’t have to be good anymore.






(Photos by Phil Dowsing and echo esofstars, shared via Flickr)

1 comment:

pysanki.blogspot.com said...

If it makes you feel any better on the floor I work on we have little old ladies and little old men (unless they're very frail they're usually 80+).

We also have the ones described as "looking really good for his/her age."

At any rate those in the 60+ age group are generally little or looking good, two things many people have spent their youth trying to acheive. ;)